Search This Blog

Monday

Sheriff Danny Glick, 2015 NSA President

I have grown to be a fan of the Sheriff of Laramie County, Wyoming. He wakes me with morning coffee often. We have a lot of common likes and opinions.
  He has now completed the awesome responsibility and honor of being the 2105 President of the National Sheriffs Association. I intend to stay engaged with this couple you can't help but enjoy.
  The new president began his term with the Baton Rouge murders in his backyard. Louisiana Sheriff Greg Champagne steps in to a world that has been turned upside down. Another friend and mentor Sheriff Harold Eavenson of Rockwall County Texas will be the 2017 President. I am a blessed man.
  Danny addresses everyone with his natural style along with a gracious acknowledgement of his his family and the world of dedicated 'guardian angels' the rest of us call Sheriff.

  Just as a fair warning, this is going to be a long post. And if you're anti-law enforcement "hang up" now, this will just make you mad and you'll be wasting your time by reading on....... So here goes, I recently was in Minneapolis where I handed off the reins of the National Sheriffs' Association to a very capable Sheriff, Greg Champagne of St. Charles Parish, Louisiana. 
  It has been an honor to be President of the NSA for the last year. But the real honor began 14 years ago when I was elected by my constituents as Laramie County Sheriff, I am humbled ever day.     

  During the convention in Minneapolis my family and a very good grade and high school friend were able to attend and share time with Pam and me, it was great to see every one. I was able to renew many friendships and make many new friends. 
  Our host Sheriff Rich Stanek and his staff, the Minnesota Sheriffs' Association, local law enforcement did an absolutely great job of security, and making sure that this old country boy didn't get lost in the big city. Many pics of the event were taken and shared on facebook with you and I was again honored by your positive responses of friendship and support, thank you all.

  I'm sorry I took took so long to get out here and give my thanks for your support, but if you remember it was not long after the conference that law enforcement officers from across this great country of ours came under assault yet again. 
  Out of respect for them, their families, and the communities where they served, I held off. I'm sorry to say that these murders look like they are going to continue on. I could make a political statement here, but most of you know how I feel, so let me say this instead.....if you so believe, keep our law enforcement officers in your prayers. God Bless You, God Bless our Law Enforcement Officers, and God Bless the greatest Country in the World, the United States of America!!!
Danny Glick, Sheriff of Laramie County, Wyoming, U.S.A

No comments:

Post a Comment